Everneath Launch Party + GIVEAWAYBrodi Ashton knows how to throw a PARTY. I had a blast at the launch party. I will do my best to relay the awesomeness, but it probably can’t be done .
The place was packed with a ton of people. I sat on the front row next to Brodi’s mom (I KNOW). I didn’t know she had reserved her seat there until Brodi was starting her power-point presentation.
Brodi spent most of her presentation talking about how she got published in the most funny and entertaining way possible.
My favorite parts:
- Two things an author needs: DELUSION and DELETION.
- Some guy joined her first critique group just to tell her how much he DIDN’T like her first novel. (Power Point: Mean people suck.)
- Has a contest with her sister-in-law that the first person to get 100 rejection letters from agents wins a trip to Disneyland. (Power Point: I WIN
- The idea of Everneath started with the character Nikki and then a scene with Nikki coming back from an unexplained absence where rumors start about why she was gone.
- Brodi Ashton was asked about the love triangle in the book and Brodi said that she didn’t think it was a love triangle because Cole is the villan and Nikki’s feelings are pretty obvious. She says that she does love Cole but adds “Team Jack!” in her cute voice.
- The title was a combination of “Forever” and “Beneath.”
UPDATE: I forgot to tell you what question I asked Brodi when she was signing my book! I asked her why Nikki knits. She said it’s because Nikki’s hands shake so much and she needed something to do with them. I said, “Oh. I thought it was for some Greek mythology reason.” She laughed. “I’m not that smart!” I think too much, guys. I really do There are a few myths in Greek mythology that have knitting in them…or maybe it was weaving….